Couple this information with the CDC’s report (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm) which tell us that only 6% of the deaths were solely from COVID-19, whereas the other 94% were from 2.6 other things (on average) plus COVID-19:
Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups.